"The bitterest tears shed over graves are words left unsaid and deeds left undone."
-Harriet Beecher Stowe
Planning For Your Future and Your Family's
It can be unpleasant to think about what the world will be like after you are gone, but a little planning today can save you and your loved ones a lot of time, money and headaches in the future.
At the Mark Ignacio Law, APC in La Mesa, our highest priority is to give you the peace of mind that comes with knowing that you have a customized, thorough plan in place just in case of an unexpected accident. There is no way to predict when you might suddenly be incapacitated for days or months, or when you will be gone. That's why it's crucial to work with attorney Mark Ignacio to create an estate plan that works for you.
Estate Planning Services for Estates of Any Size
We offer a wide range of estate planning services, including:
- Wills: A document used to declare who will receive one's property after death. It also enables the naming of guardians for minor children.
- Revocable trusts: Permits the "trustor" (the one who creates the trust) to revoke or change terms of the trust without consent of other parties.
- Irrevocable trusts: Trust assets belong to the trust and terms cannot be changed.
- Powers of attorney: Designate another to handle your financial affairs.
- Advance health care directives: Designate an agent to handle health care decisions in case of incapacity.
- HIPAA authorizations: Give a trusted person permission to view your private medical records to make informed decisions.
- Final disposition instructions: Specify your wishes for a funeral and what should happen to your remains after you are gone.
Customized, Comprehensive Estate Plans
At the Mark Ignacio Law, APC, we offer personalized estate planning based on your specific needs. We assist in all three major steps of estate planning:
- Establishment: The creation of your initial plan taking into consideration your current goals.
- Funding: Properly titling appropriate assets the trust will own.
- Review: Ensuring your goals are satisfied as you progress through life, taking into consideration changes in your circumstances and the law.
All of our clients are entitled to a free review of their plans and their assets.
Depending on the size of your estate, we offer several comprehensive estate planning packages.
Services offered in San Diego and throughout California:
- East County (El Cajon, La Mesa, Santee, Spring Valley) Estate Planning
- South Bay (Chula Vista, Eastlake, National City, South San Diego) Estate Planning
- Central (Downtown, Coronado) Estate Planning
- Coastal (Oceanside, Pacific Beach) Estate Planning
- North County (Del Mar, Escondido, Mira Mesa, Poway, Vista) Estate Planning